Saturday, December 20, 2014

Hello, Friends!

Welcome back to my thought space.

A while back, I was complaining to a friend that on our vacation to Curacao, I was annoyed by the 18-yr-old daughter of friends who was constantly running around in her bikini.



He asked me, does that make you want to be 18 again? I guess he thought that I was annoyed out of envy for her youthful beauty. I said “Heck, no!” I didn’t even have to think about the question. Later, I started thinking about why I feel this way. I came up with a great number of whys. Being young is hard and you don’t even realize that you are beautiful until you look back. Recently, a friend of mine posted a picture of me at 17. My mouth dropped when I saw it, not at all how I saw myself at that time.


But that is not really the point of this thought module. I watched this video this week What We Tell Ourselves. I found it on Seth Godin’s blog. It’s a call to action for us 35-60 year-olds and it is fantastic. Have a look and tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment